Frank Plasso, President /CEO of Supplement Rx, began his career in the fitness industry as a professional athlete in Track and Field. A three time representative for the United States in the World Championships, he twice ranked second in the Marathon. He went on to develop Elite Nutrition Centers, a nutritional store chain in the fitness market. Recognizing nutritional needs in the fitness industry, Frank Plasso developed the Supplement Rx line of private label, pharmaceutical grade supplements sold only through the fitness market in 2004. All of Supplement Rx’s products are produced in FDA registered labs and meet GMP and CGMPcertifications (the gold standard in the manufacturing industry). They are available as individual products or packaged together into various nutrition systems for specific health and fitness goals through the cutting edge technology of the Supplement Recommender. The unique technology of the Supplement Recommender recommends supplements based on your needs, your health, and your fitness goals. Check out this and all of the products we carry in our online store Mad Gear , or go directly to Supplement RX.
Health and Fitness News Room
Be careful who you buy your supplements from.
News that Bodybuilding.com has pled guilty to selling dietary supplements spiked with steroids - and agreed to pay a $7m fine - proves the FDA is “not blowing smoke” when it says it will crack down on adulterated products, says one analytical testing expert.
We would like to introduce you all to dotFIT, it is the supplement brand we personally use and recommend to our clients. Here is a little background of why we have chosen dotFIT for our supplement needs.
Before supplements become dotFIT products or are recommended for general consumer use, they must survive stringent legal and scientific review with the following conditions met:
1. Current clinical research- evidence based and 100% defensible through published scientific research.
2. Documented safety & efficacy- only safe and effective dosages; only the compounds, and levels that are proven to work are in the products
3. Purity, potency, delivery- Our dietary supplement products are manufactured in a FDA-registered, Drug-Licensed pharmaceutical facility in compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices. This means that both purity and potency are guaranteed and it assures users that all nutritional claims meet or surpass FDA guidelines, USDA guidelines, and industry norms.
4. Never too much or too little-All formulas must be able to work in synergy with other dotFIT products in order to avoid nutrient overages, which are common with typical, indiscriminate supplement use.
Welcome to our series all about proper supplementation!
Today we are going to look at the dotFIT multivitamin formulas, and help determine what one is really best for you!
Did you know? In June of 2002, the JAMA (journal of the American Medical Association) published a study that urged all American to take a daily multi-vitamin! So with all the choices out there how do you know what is best.
We have already discussed why we recommend dotFIT supplements to our clients, now lets figure out which MV formula is going to be best for your specific needs!
1. Active MV: as this implies if you are an active individual (athlete or involved with intense physical activity) this is the MV for you. It has higher levels of antioxidants and B vitamins, needed to due increased energy demands.
2. Over 50: this formula considers the needs of individuals over 50 years young! Increased levels of B12, B6 and folic acid!
3. Women: designed with the needs of women in mind, higher levels of vitamin D, folic acid, magnesium and iron.