Ball Lying Military Press: Alternate-Arm
1. Lie with belly on stability ball, legs and feet extended.
2. Draw-in belly button; hold dumbbell in each hand; elbows and shoulders at 90 degree angles.
1. Press one arm directly overhead.
2. Return to start position; repeat with other arm.
Mad Home Workout 2
Workouts designed to provide safe progressions for weight loss and general fitness to help you reach your fitness goals and avoid injury.
We all have to start somewhere, how bout here…
Click on link below to download the full printable workout.
Margarita Shrimp Salad
Blend the flavor of a margarita - tequila, orange and lime - then toss in diced avocado, fresh shrimp and sliced red onion, spiked with a creamy, spicy sour cream dressing.
Makes: 4 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thinly slivered red onion
- Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing, (recipe follows)
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 medium endives, cored and torn into pieces (2 cups)
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges
- Toss shrimp, tequila, orange zest, lime zest and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and some ice; let stand for 10 minutes, or until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, make Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing.
- Toss romaine, endive, orange segments and the drained onion in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates. Toss avocados with lime juice and divide among the salads.
- Drain the shrimp, reserving the marinade. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide among the salads. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring; spoon over shrimp. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Per serving: 407 calories; 22 g fat ( 4 g sat , 12 g mono ); 181 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 27 gprotein; 10 g fiber; 633 mg sodium; 1021 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Vitamin A (80% dv), Potassium (51% dv), Folate (42% dv), Fiber (39% dv), Iron (25% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Mad Belly Blaster 2
Mad Belly Blaster
The Flex allows you to set a goal and uses LED lights to show how you’re stacking up. Each light represents 20% of your goal. You choose which one — steps, calories, or distance. It lights up like a scoreboard, challenging you to be more active day after day.(Fitbit) At just under $100 we’re excited to try one out and let you know how does. Click on the link and check it out for yourself