Fitness Fuel: Good Eats for Fitness Peeps
Turkey Burgers with Cranberry-Peach Chutney
Enjoy the flavors of Thanksgiving all year long in this dressed-up turkey burger. Purchase ground turkey breast versus ground turkey—the white meat is much lower in calories and fat. Grilling the burgers makes for an added boost of flavor. Serve with vegetable chips and red grapes.
1 poundground turkey breast
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- Cranberry-Peach Chutney
- Combine turkey and next 3 ingredients. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165°.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 burger. Spread 2 tablespoons Cranberry-Peach Chutney on inside of each bun top; place each on top of 1 burger.